At Garden Mile we love our gardens and each one of their uniqueness. We are always looking to be inspired by your DIY projects and interesting ways of making your garden feel like yours. There is so much to play with and we appreciate some projects take time to be complete. We have put together 5 of our favourite quick fixes to add colour to your gardens.
1. Painted Tin Cans Grab your old rusty tin cans and give them life with new paint or patterned contact paper. It's an easy project you can do at home in any weather.
2. Reuse Old Wellies When it's time to change your old wellies, give them new purpose by colouring them and using them as planters. These make a lovely display grouped together or hang on your fencing.
3. Bright Coloured Cushions An easy upgrade if you don't want to get your hands dirty. You can grab a few coloured cushions from your local home décor shop (preferably waterproof versions) or give a fresh makeover to your old cushions with new sleeves.
4. Spray Painted Bike Wheel Frames Find yourself a few different sizes of wheel frames and paint them to match your garden's colour theme. When arranged together it can make an interesting focal point. You can also add circular coloured glass for more visual appeal.
5. Colourful Swinging Hammock This one is by far our favourite and most easiest upgrade. Once installed, you can enjoy long summer nights listening to music with a cold drink in your hand. Perhaps digesting a few chapters from your favourite reads.
At Garden Mile we love our gardens and each one of their uniqueness. We are always looking to be inspired by your DIY projects and interesting ways of making your garden feel like yours. There is so much to play with and we appreciate some projects take time to be complete. We have put together […]
With restrictions on outdoor gatherings finally easing, there has never been a better time to get your garden in tiptop shape for the summer! In this quick article we are taking a look at an item that often gets left by the wayside during the preparations for a BBQ – your lighting arrangement; At this […]
Oh we are excited to show you some of our favourite quirky DIY projects to implement in your garden space. We'll start off the show with this simple and very impressive fire pit, built from a recycled washing machine drum. You simply need to give it legs or place it on alternated stacked bricks for […]
As every dog-owner knows, our typical furry-friend has a tendency and a willingness to sleep almost anywhere! Yet despite their easy going nature, many owners prefer to purchase a dedicated bed for their dogs to sleep in – and for good reasons. That’s why in this post we’ll take a look at why owners choose […]
Even if you struggle with the gardening, you can still enjoy a great maintenance free garden with one simple trick – artificial plants! Now don’t close this article just yet! As the modern ranges we stock are far more realistic and convincing than the older, sloppier type that you may recall from your memory. But […]
With summer fast approaching, many of you have been asking us for advice on how to make your garden more appealing to visitors. Now there are many options you can take to make your garden more visually attractive, but this doesn’t guarantee that you’ll have visitors every day. As such in this article we are […]
Initially popular as a wooden children’s toy, the humble windspinner (or “whirligig” in the middle ages) has gone through multiple iterations over the centuries. In its more recognisable modern form, windspinners are a great way to make outdoor spaces more visually appealing and come in a vast range of shapes, styles and designs to suit […]
Have you been, like us, struggling to fill up the garden over the past year? If so, then we invite you to take a walk with us on the wild side as we explore our much adored Menagerie of animal themed garden ornaments! Starting with our most popular dynamic duo, these friendly "Llama Ramas" are […]
Have you been finding it harder to keep track of time over the past year? Well you're not the only one, of that we have no doubt! We therefore thought it would be prudent to take a look at a few of our favourite clocks, if only so that you can get back into the […]